Power costs a lot!
Norgate my current SSH tunnel machine is a an old dual P3 2RU Intel white box. Nothing special, its kinda power hungry.
I recently come to acquire a Sun Netra T1 105 for $12 AUD. I'll get some pic's and some specs soon. I will be detailing the swap from the old norgate to the new Sun Sparc system in the following posts.
Things I will be covering :-
- Using the wack on-board IDE channel on the T1, including useing a laptop HDD and no SCSI drives.
- Sun Sparc boot prom paths
- Setting up an OpenBSD Netboot Environment
- Getting some generic yumcha four port serial card to work
- Writing a c application to toggle an external opto coupler via serial port
- Setting up PF and other security settings on OpenBSD