Moving on from the last post, it was time to check if my Yubikeys where detected by systemrescuecd.
Sadly I soon found out that GNUPG is not compiled with pcsc support.
As expected the livecd also did not contain the yubikey-personalization tools that are needed to switch modes on the Yubikeys.
I could live without the yubikey-personalization tools but pcsc is required to write the subkeys to the Yubikey neo.
To resolve this I created my own systemrescuecd. I followed the personalizion guide to achieve this.
The following changes/additions where made :
- GNUPG, recompiled with pcsc support
- PCSC daemon installed
- Yubikey personalization tools installed
- Yubikey C Library/tools installed (libyubikey)
Thankfully systemrescuecd is quite easy to edit/add packages to, espicialy, if you know Gentoo.
You can download a copy of my modified image here.
- md5sum : 61a826b7ef329e4182a8413ccb105f5f
- sha256sum : a76b1e40f3c5e22530d41277c808f5c39ff318cfbb27c353e317e0498e4ffe13